Supplier Focus : Love By Design Weddings & Events
Updated: Jul 3
Working in a creative industry is amazing for many reasons, one of which is meeting and working with a plethora of talented people. In this series, I want to share some wonderful people and small businesses with you wherever you might be in the country or world!
First up is the very lovely Rachel at Love By Design Weddings & Events. I was introduced to Rachel through a mutual friend when she first started her styling business and since then we have both attended the same wedding fairs, worked together on styled shoots, and even enjoyed a glass of wine or two!
Based in Dorset, Love By Design Weddings & Events can transform any venue into pure perfection for your wedding day or special occasion. Using your own decorations and props, items from their immense catalogue, or a mixture of both, Rachel uses her impeccable attention to detail to ensure that everything is above and beyond your expectations. She isn't happy until your venue has the WOW factor - as it should.
In just a relatively short period of 3 years Rachel has become one of the most recommended venue stylists in Dorset which is a huge testament to her ability to ensure no two weddings are the same, her focus on customer service and her eye for style.
Rachel's Top Tips:
1. Choose a venue that suits your decor theme. If your heart is set on a rustic wedding, opt for a barn, marquee or blank canvas venue rather than a heavily decorated hotel. Likewise, if you dream of Hollywood glam, opt for a castle, stately home or luxury hotel.
2. Budget for a stylist (ideally between £700 and £1,500 depending on the size of your wedding and your ideas) and book them as soon as you've booked your venue rather than leaving it to last. Every year I turn away so many couples because I'm already fully booked, or am asked to quote for full venue styling when there is no money left in the pot. Both are heartbreaking!
And last but not least
3. If you don't know where to start when it comes to the venue decor and styling, head over to Pinterest and start some mood boards. You'll quickly see a theme/look/colour scheme emerging and we can use these ideas as the basis of our styling consultation.
Rachel's Top Three:
These three different weddings are some of my favourites because they were so unique.
1. Festival themed wedding at Charisworth Farm, with flags, tents, hay bales and wellies!
2. A colourful wedding at The Mill at Gordleton where the marquee was filled with paper planes made by the couple, as the groom is a pilot.
3. The 3rd wedding was this one at Parley Manor, because I was asked to create flower garlands, which I'd never done before, and the end result was so pretty.
Special Offer! If you book Love By Design for your 2022 wedding during the current lockdown you will receive 10% OFF your booking!
You can find out more by visiting: www.lovebydesignweddings.co.uk