I really appreciate good photography but have absolutely no idea how to take it. I also hate having my photo taken as I tend to end up feeling like a potato wearing makeup. Enter Emma!
I had stalked Emma's photography on Instagram for quite a while but never reached out. Then a mutual wedding supplier friend recommended me to be included in a styled shoot that Emma was putting together. After meeting up for a glass of wine, we chatted through all of the ideas for the shoot and I found out more about her passion for photography. We got on really well which I think is the most important thing when choosing a photographer.
A few months later I wanted to get some new lifestyle headshots for this website and I got in touch with Emma. She suggested bringing the kids and hubby with me to have a mini family shoot beforehand since we don't really have any photos of the five of us. I have to say I have never felt so at ease in front of the camera! Her ability to make us all relax and engage is amazing, my daughter in particular just loved her and followed her around like a shadow. Even my very shy little boy came out of his shell with her and the end result photos are just beyond my expectations.
Emma specialises in relaxed, fun and engaging photography that truly does make memories.
Emmas Top Tip:
When planning your wedding be completely true to yourself. Don’t be a copycat couple who feel there’s one way to do a wedding.
DO YOU and do it with confidence.
If you are a mellow soul who loves to relax outdoors barefoot with your favourite tunes then plan to do exactly that. If your a passionate about flowers, food, music, colour, friendships then show it all off. Your friends and family will love it because they love you.
Just some of my couples who have nailed it:
1. The couple were crazy about food and boy did they put on an epic spread. A very chilled teepee wedding in a field with the most delicious grub and relaxed atmosphere.
2. This was one creative bride who nailed her springtime wedding. Beautiful pastel tones and something for everyone including doggy treats as pet favours!
3. These guys planned their day around their favourite season... Autumn. Rich plum and peach tones finished off with twinkling candlelight. The bride cried when she saw it all come together just as she’d imaged.
Emma's Top Three Venues to Photograph:
1. The Kings Arms - Christchurch: It’s a combo of the quintessentially English old cricket pavilion, the huge outdoor space and the old ruins that make it so perfect.
2. The Old Vicarage - Hinton: This venue has so many photo opportunities it’s ridiculous! The gardens are so beautifully maintained and if you catch it in spring the lawn is scattered with beautiful blossom petals.
3. Sopley Mill: I’m a sucker for red brick! This venue is so full of character and history. It feels extra special and majestic at night when the festoon lights twinkle on the river.
You can find out more by visiting: www.photographybyemmarolfe.co.uk